1. Give a name / title to your course - it should be creative but also descriptive
2. Select the category:
This will be used primarily to help other users find your course. In the case of a personal list, it is still important to choose the correct category for your course because if there is a central database for that category, then your course will automatically be set up to draw items from it. For example, if you choose "Mandarin Simplified", your course will draw existing items from the Mandarin Simplified database (no worries - you will still be able to edit all the words once they are in your list, and add new ones).
* Teaching: this indicates the target language (or topic) that your course wants to teach
* For (language) speakers: this indicates the source language used in the course
3. Add tags(optional): this will allow users to search your course using keywords
4. Add a description and a short description(optional)
When you are ready, click 'Create Course'.
A single level is automatically created. If there is a central database for the chosen category, then the column headings will be set accordingly (e.g., Spanish, English). If not, they will be the default headings.
By default, many of the advanced features of course creation are hidden - for example, Databases. If you would like to see the advanced features, click Add level and your course will be converted into a multi-level course with full functionalities.
Once you have finished adding words click 'Save and continue' to view your creation and start learning!